System Engineer
DV Clearance required - onsite in Hereford
As a Systems Engineer you will be working on one of our key programs delivering support on a complex and ever changing MOD system. You will be working on a system that is directly involved in ensuring the National Security of the UK.
What you will do
Your primary responsibility will be to enact good systems engineering practices in a predominately Windows environment. Key subsystems include radio, video and network interfaces. Your role will include full lifecycle management of a systems environment, project delivery subject to customer direction and technical development of the core system.
• MS Windows Server administration experience and associated technologies such as AD, DNS & DHCP.
• MS SQL Server Administration experience would also be useful.
• Responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical Microsoft server systems.
• Experience with virtualisation technologies e.g. Vmware, Hyper-V
• Manage server patching through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure and maintain Windows servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models, e.g Veeam, BackupExec
It would be nice if you had:
• Linux experience.
• Working knowledge of radio technologies, in particular ROIP.
• Familiarity with networking technologies.
• Experience of working with industry partners and platform integrators to support platform integration and installation.