Senior Technical Lead
Clearance Required: National Secret (e.g. SC) or NATO Secret
- A minimum requirement of a Bachelor's degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related discipline and 3 years post-related experience.
- Or exceptionally, the lack of a university degree may be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate's particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency, that is, at least 10 years extensive and progressive expertise in duties related to the function of the post.
- Experience in planning, design, system engineering and implementation of communication aspects of C4ISR systems;
- Experience covering the following technologies and disciplines:
• Modern digital communication networking techniques, protocols and standards; communication networks specification, design and testing, with an emphasis on IP networks, including IPv6, QoS, SDN, SD-WAN;
• Infrastructure hosting and storage and associated virtualization technologies (Infrastructure as a Service IaaS).
• Element (Network, Communication and Infrastructure systems) Management Tools supporting up to Modern Enterprise level Service Management and Control techniques; Environmental and Climatic protection measures and best practices for IT equipment.
- Certified in at least two of the following:
• ITIL Foundation
• PRINCE 2
• TOGAF or Archimate 3 Practitioner;
- Sound knowledge and application of ITIL or COBIT principles and methodologies applicable to effective Service Management and Control;
- Knowledge and experience in state-of-the-art technologies, relevant to the work, i.e. deployable CIS, network design, switched multimedia networks, and familiarity with related international / commercial / industrial standards.
Desirable Experience and Education:
- Methodologies and tools for communication networks and Infrastructure Services analysis;
- Knowledge and recent experience of Business Process Design;
- Design and documentation of communication and Infrastructure systems and services;
- Experience in managing R&D projects;
- Proven ability to initiate and successfully develop new business;
Duties & Role:
- Understanding of security considerations in commercial or
military communication systems.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment
comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including
ACO and ACT
Under the direction of the Operational CIS Principal Technical Lead, but largely under own initiative, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Act as Project Technical Lead
• Working across the Service Line and externally within the Agency to achieve Operational CIS Technical coordination and coherence throughout the projects and services portfolio;
• Guiding and directing multidisciplinary technical teams on compliance, standardisation and coherence of services and products;
• Acts as the interface between the technical team and the management;
• Responsible for the preparation of technical specifications, in the evaluation of bidders proposals and the testing and acceptance of systems;
- Serves as recognised Subject Matter Expert (SME) and advisor to customers and potential customers on technical matters related to the Operational CIS capabilities, analysing user requirements and translating them into technical solutions;
- Works collaboratively with Technology Partners in developing business solutions and endorsing new technologies ;
- Maintains and develops knowledge in relation to the intellectual competencies specified above;
- Gives scientific briefings and presentations; writes and/or reviews scientific papers and articles for publication;
- Plans, prepares and, where required, hosts formal and informal visits and meetings with representatives of military, civilian and industrial organisations;
- Performs any other duties as may be required.