Senior Technician (Information Systems AirC2)
Location: Uedem, DE
Start Date: 09-JAN-2023
End Date: 31-DEC-2023
Working Conditions: For NATO Secret and NATO Unclassified, CSU Uedem will provide.
Security Clearance: NATO Secret
• Under the direction of Service Operations Branch Head, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
• Installs, operates and maintains assigned CORE Systems software, Databases and other Applications and ICT Platforms (IS) and stays abreast of latest developments in these areas.
• Supports the applications and data integrity and integrity of assigned ICT Platforms (IS), supports IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM), Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans.
• Maintains liaison with other CSU internal units, Service Lines andother technical organisations.
• Provides support related to local CIS Service provision during theexecution phase.
• Documents the design and configuration of assigned applicationsand ICT Platforms (IS) and the required operating procedures.
• Implements procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of applications and ICT Platforms (IS) and provides reports as required.
• Monitors and reports on the capacity of the assigned applications and ICT Platforms (IS).
• Assists with and implements assigned project work packages.
• Will participate in 24/7 duties when required.
• Deputize for higher grade staff;
• Performs other duties as may be required.
Skills, Experience and Education:
• Higher vocational training in a relevant discipline with 2 years post-related experience or a secondary educational qualification with 4 years post-related experience.
• Experience within the area of Systems Administration of complex computer systems;
• Experience and knowledge in the installation and maintenance of system software such as operating systems, data management products, office automation products and other utility software;
• Experience with diagnosis of network problems and implementation of network changes and maintenance routines;
• Knowledge of AirC2 systems.
Desirable Experience and Education:
• Knowledge of ACCS.
• Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
• Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
• Experience of working for an IT provider and understand the need to have excellence in delivery such as that which NCI Agency expects.
Competencies or Personal Attributes:
• Relating and Networking - Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds
• wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
• Adhering to Principles and Values - Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
• Adapting and Responding to Change - Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives - Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.
The incumbent is responsible for:
• Establishing and maintaining close contacts with staff of the Agency;
• Coordination and cooperation of work with other directorates within the NCIA.